***THIS TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS ADVISED. A RESCHEDULED DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED ACCORDINGLY***
The 1st Women’s T20 Cricket Cup is scheduled to begin on Friday 17th March
1. 4 Teams shall compete in a Group Stage, each team playing the other teams once.
*If teams are equal on points, then the team scoring the most runs shall be ranked higher. If runs are equal, the team taking the most wickets shall be ranked higher.
2. Each team shall play in a Semi-Final match with the opponent decided on finishing position within the Group Stage.
3. The losing semi-finalists will pay a match to decide 3rd & 4th tournament places.
4. The winning semi-finalists will play a GRAND FINAL. The winners of this match will be declared T20 Womens Cricket Cup Champions 2017.
5. 3 Points shall be awarded for a win. 1 Point for a match abandoned.
6. In the event of a tie, a ‘Super-Over’ will be bowled until a winner is decided.
7. All matches will be played with a 140grammes hard cricket ball & pink in colour
8. The team Captain shall present their Team List no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled start of play.
9. 11 Players on each team.
10. A drinks break of 2 minutes shall be provided at the conclusion of 10 Overs.
11. T20 consists of a maximum of 20 Overs per team. Weather affected matches will be shortened accordingly.
12. 2 runs will be awarded for a ‘wide’ or ‘no-ball’ delivery. No extra ball shall be bowled.
13. The Laws of Cricket (2000 Code 4th Edition – 2010) shall apply except where noted above. The Tournament Committee holds the right to amend the rules within the spirt of the game.
FRIDAY MARCH 17
8:00am OPENING CEREMONY
8:30am GROUP GAME 01: FUVAHMULAH ‘A’ v MALÉ
2:45pm GROUP GAME 02: KUNAHANDHOO v FUVAHMULAH ‘B’
SATURDAY MARCH 18
8:30am GROUP GAME 03: KUNAHANDHOO v MALÉ
2:45pm GROUP GAME 04: FUVAHMULAH ‘A’ v FUVAHMULAH ‘B’
SUNDAY MARCH 19
8:30am GROUP GAME 05: FUVAHMULAH ‘B’ v MALÉ
2:45pm GROUP GAME 06: KUNAHANDHOO v FUVAHMULAH ‘A’
MONDAY MARCH 20 – REST DAY
TUESDAY MARCH 21
8:30am SEMI FINAL 01: GROUP 1st PLACE v GROUP 4th PLACE
2:45pm SEMI FINAL 02: GROUP 2nd PLACE v GROUP 3rd PLACE
WEDNESDAY MARCH 22
8:30am 3rd / 4th PLACE: SF 01 LOSING TEAM v SF 02 LOSING TEAM
2:30pm GRAND FINAL: SF 01 WINNING TEAM v SF 02 WINNING TEAM
4:30pm AWARD CEREMONY